i love paper...


Ever since we moved into our home about 10 years ago, one of the things that I just had to change was the dining room chandelier. Ugly, old, and cheap looking. Shiny "gold" chain, plastic "crystal" pieces and overall screaming 1980's decor!
It looked something like this:


We have planned on changing this gaudy chandelier many times, I had even bought a new one. The challenge that we faced was how the heck to get up to the ceiling, 20 feet high, to actually change out the old one for a new one. So, we just figured forget it, we'll do it another time.

Having to look at this ugly thing for so many years and disliking it so bad pushed me over the edge. I looked up DIY chandeliers on Google and didn't find anything too exciting. Frustrated, I came up with my own solution - using my addiction to scrapbook paper I created this A-W-E-S-O-M-E hanging piece of art. And I just love, love, love it!!!


I knew all that money that I spend on scrapbook paper would pay off sometime!



Oh, I also wrapped the so expensive looking "gold" chain with this really cool beaded rope/string thing I had picked up somewhere knowing that I would eventually use it! :)
I put our bar high dining chair on top of our bar high table and attached the beaded string to the end of a stick and carefully attached it to the chain. Let me tell you how shaky my legs and chair were!!! I told my kids to call my friend down the street and then 911 if I fell!


1 comments:

  • Lolamouse | April 28, 2011 at 9:53 AM

    Cool! I hate the chandelier hanging in my foyer too. I can't reach it and can see the dust all over the gaudy glass! Why can't builder's grade just be plain and simple?!!

Post a Comment