gyotaku...

Third grade fish prints! I introduced the Japanese art of fish printing called "Gyotaku." As I am showing the kids the Smartboard presentation I keep referring to printing real fish. I notice that a lot of the kids keep looking around the room for a real fish, I have even been told that the room smells like fish! Well, as we begin the printing process, the big let down comes as we print with fake fish. Those art catalogs have the best things! Rubber fish!!
The kids painted an underwater scene after a long discussion of things that we could find underwater if we went scuba diving. The fish were cut out and glued to the underwater scene to complete the project. One addition to the fish this school year was to paint in the eye of the fish with tempera paint and give it a reflection dot to make it look real.

0 comments:

Post a Comment